View our 2018 and 2019 listing of information security (infosec) / cyber security training courses, events and conferences from around the world that are associated with Penetration Testing.
Penetration testing (pen-testing or pentesting) is a method of testing, measuring and enhancing established security measures on information systems and support areas.
Pen-testing is also known as a security assessment.
Pen-testing may be conducted to complement background investigations and ensure social engineering and networking safety.
Pen-testing is implemented by simulating malicious attacks from an organization’s internal and external users. The entire system is then analyzed for potential vulnerabilities. A plan that communicates test objectives, timetables and resources is developed prior to actual pen-testing.
Pen-testing is an invaluable process for a number of reasons, including the following:
- Minimal security breach potential ensures system reliability.
- Complies with regulatory or other agencies.
- Demonstrates a good-faith effort to protect customer information
Pen-testing tools include:
- Commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) or prebuilt equipment and/or software applications
- Proprietary enterprise applications (EA)
- Potentially compromisable phone and wireless systems
- Physical controls
Apologies, but no results were found for the requested archive.